Monday 1 September 2008

WCOAP

Am running rather good. I think I'm on around a 60-70% final table rate in tournaments atm, including at least 5 wins (or chops) from 15 or so.

The APAT World Championship of Amateur Poker was held in London from Wed 27th Aug to Sunday 31st. Running tournies with no juice, deep-stack, Omaha, Razz and Stud one day events, and a two day NLHE Main Event.

A quick summary:

Wed 27th. Omaha. 7,500 starting stack, 30 min blinds, 70 runners.

Finish - 1st. Dealt Heads Up for £1100 each and took the gold medal. 20 Player of the Series points.

Thur 28th. Razz. 3,000 starting stack, 30 min stake increases, 48 runners.

Finish - 39th. Nearly first out. Shame really, never got above starting stack.

Fri 29th. Stud. 3,000 starting stack, 30 min stake increaes, 32 runners.

Finish - 2nd. Took £500, unlucky not to win, but a silver medal as consolation with 17 POTS points.

Sat 30th. Hold Em. 10,000 starting stack, 40 min blinds, 206 runners.

Finish - 142nd. Was in a slightly gambley move, but ended up in two spots in consecutive hands where I couldn't do much bar lose my chips.

So I decided to head back on Sunday with the guys, no watching the final for me. After 5 days in Newcastle and another 5 in London with minimal sleep, I wisely chose to play the £150 Big One at Grosvenor Southampton after just a couple of hours relaxation. 7 hours later, a four-way chop and I'm £600 richer.

Anyway, just a small blog of updateness, will have a fuller report when I can be arsed - but hopefully before I forget key hands.

No comments: