Thursday 21 June 2012

Almost want to go home

Almost. This is Las Vegas after all.

I'm coping with the heat pretty well, it feels less humid than the last time I was here during the summer. The food is good, although admittedly I can't even get close to nutrition targets set by Tom. We have a fridge in the hotel room, but I don't know anywhere on the Strip where I can get some nice fruit to keep in it (sad looking red apples in Walgreen's don't count). Eating multiple times per day is not financially possible. Having said that, I've not eaten as poorly as I could've done - very little in the way of fast food at least. When Tom said to focus on healthy eating rather than the gym if I only did one I can see why he said it - I'm feeling noticeably more lethargic. I'm still better than I used to be and I'm not exactly spending 12 hours a day in bed, but the change is there. Haven't hit the gym either. Was full of good intentions too, but it is my holiday!

And maybe it's affecting the poker. Which has gone utterly dreadfully since I've been here. I've not played a great deal, but I'm already in the mood to sack it off for the remainder of the trip. Might go on a road trip to LA for a day, catch a couple of shows etc and try to enjoy the holiday.

A quick run down of the poker played:

$200 Venetian DSE III side event - 95/156
Never really got above starting stack, got nearly halfway through the field before running TT into AA preflop for 27BBs. Board ATxxx. The annoying thing is I could get away from the hand pre-flop (he limp reraises), but he was pretty lolbad. Wish I hadn't stooped to his level, even if it had left me with a 20BB stack.

$125 Rio STT Satellite - 7/10
Standard was utterly abysmal, unfortunately I never got a hand to take advantage of. Lacking time to grind it up (starting with 1,000 chips at 25/25 on a 15 minute clock) I jammed 7BBs from the BB over 4 limpers at 50/100 with Qh5h. Second limper calls with KsJs and holds on a J5xJx board, my flush missing on the river.

$175 Rio STT Satellite - 8/10
Doubled 2nd hand, opening to 125 on the button with QQ. BB defends and donks 250 on a T65r flop before committing himself on turn 7 with T9. Attrition drops me to 1400 at 100/200, where we're still 8 handed and I'm 3rd in chips. Terrabad chipleader (2k) opens to 600 UTG, I make a reluctant shove from MP with AQ. SB, second in chips with 1500, after my shove for 1400 and with the UTG CL raiser behind, decides it's an awesome spot to call with 77. UTG folds AJ (would've called me and lost) and the board blanks out.

$1000 WSOP Event #33 - ~950/2795
3000 starting chips at 25/25, on an hour clock. Double first level to 6k, flatting an MP raise to 75 with AK, and seeing a 5 way flop of AK4r. Checked to me in position and I fire 250, only the SB calling. Turn 9, I lead 450 and the SB check-raises to 1950 with just a few hundred left behind. I move in and he calls off with AQ. River A so I was probably getting it anyway. Grind up to 6.8k, I'm the most active player at the table, with a superb image and seat, with weak opponents. So I obviously get moved to a table with Brits Andrew Teng two to my left and Craig McCorkell three to my right. I played with Craig regularly a few years ago at Southampton Grosvenor when he was at university nearby, so it was an interesting 'reunion'. Bust a player during level 3 with AK v AQ all-in pre and move to 8.1k. Took a few chips off Andrew Teng, again with AK, but this time calling his 3bet OOP and a single barrel on an 875 flop, the rest of the hand being checked down. The Brits were dominating the table, with all three of us over 10k midway through level 4 (75/150). By the end of the level I'm up to 12,225 after AK hits again.

Then, as per my previous two WSOP events, I hit a brick wall after getting a stack.

Shortly after we return from the second break, Craig raises to 400 from UTG+1. A random move-making German (who has iso-raised and UTG limper pre, then 3bet shoved a QT9 flop with little apparent fold equity, then shown a 4 when UTG passed JJ) flats the 400. I make it 1150 in MP, Craig snap folds and the German moves in for 5675. I'm calling pretty wide here, so AQ is an easy call. He shows 77 and I miss the lot on a KJ589 board. So of the many hands I call with here, only AQ and AT lose. Fun. The flip would've got me to near 20k on a beautiful table to be chip daddy, and felt I'd be a favourite to cash. Not to be though.

I'm left with 6k (30BBs), and with a bunch of 15-20BB stacks to my left my hands are tied a bit. The blinds eat some up, and K7 v A7 on a 97432 board takes another 1.5k. A big stack has been moved to the table and has immediately got to work. He's already folded an UTG open to one small 3jam and I put him to the test by shoving 3450 with Ad7d over his 450 UTG+1 open (we're 8 handed and he's seen me play one hand in 45 minutes). He takes over a minute to call with 88 and he holds on a KJ527 board. Dream over for another year.

$1/$2 Venetian NLHE cash - -$300
Less said about this the better. Made a good call with K high on the river vs Q high. Lost AK v J9 on KJ9. Got two streets from AA with T9 on a TTxxx board, and some more with TT flopping a set vs a small all-in and 2 other calls. Then spent the rest of the session betting scare cards, only for Villains to have called with air and binked the scare card I was trying to rep (KQ on a 952 board turned a Q vs my A5, 3 barrel bluffed with 88 on a QT7A9 board into a flopped two pair). The change went with Q7 v AQ on a QxxQx board. Played pretty poorly and pretty tilty - given the hands I had I probably should've booked a win and realised Villains were going to play their hands so sub-optimally. It's a major weakness of mine - levelling myself into oblivion at the moment.

$240 Golden Nugget PLO - Last out of some runners
Yep, I lasted seven minutes, second hand A953ds flopped nut flush draw, mid pair plus backdoor flush and straight draws, turned the nut flush and got one-outed on the river by a gutty straight flush that I didn't even see. We both played our hands rather poorly, but all I do by playing mine better is getting more money in on flop and turn before going broke regardless.

I only ever get one-outed in Las Vegas. It's fucking me right off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Суперский должность! Блог уже в ридере ) [url=http://tutledy.ru/contacts.html]контакты[/url]

Anonymous said...

Huгrah! In the еnd I got а wеb site from
where I be caρable of truly οbtain valuable data
сoncernіng mу study anԁ knowledge.


Мy website; RPΜPokeг Οffer :: :
: