Wednesday 13 June 2012

Bad Beat

FML.

Bad Beat: The day before I head to Las Vegas for two weeks is the day I discover my roof is leaking. Ceiling bulging, part of it has come away. Great. Spent the morning on the phone to the insurance company and a local roofer.

Good Beat: It happened while I was here, rather than away, and at least we managed to find someone to fix it today. Just a broken tile and I'm 'only' £60 lighter at the moment.

Had to sack off the gym as a result today (possibly not terrible as my legs still hurt from five days ago) given I spent my time sorting this out rather than getting ready for Vegas. I was hoping to do my first BioSignature in two weeks yesterday, but the body measurements were shifted to today. And now I can't go and get them, so it'll be another fortnight before I have an update. Guess I'll see what two weeks of training followed by two weeks of Vegas does to my body.

I have a sneaking suspicion the former won't quite cancel out the latter, regardless of my good intentions.

At least Friday signalled the end of the Gironda protocol. I'm now moving onto a shorter, more intense session where I'll do 2RM, 4RM, 6RM and 8RM on four different exercises one after the other. Four sets with two minutes rest between each. I much prefer this type of session, even if I experience a massive drop-off in strength quite quickly, though this has improved a little over the previous weeks.

My new nutrition task is to complete 14 days in a row with no carbs apart from morning blueberries and 50g of leafy vegetables. Still have to eat every three hours and a fibre supplement will be added. I'll have next to no chance of eating regularly in Vegas, let alone avoiding carbs. But one day is better than none, so I'll see how that goes. I do intend on hitting the gym, but Tom has told me he'd rather I eat well rather than gym if I had to do one of the two.

Bollocks.

I'll see if I can do 14 days in a row on my return, but really not looking forward to it. In fact I'm dreading the monotony of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh mу goodness! Ιmρressiνe artіcle duԁe!

Manу thanks, Howеver I аm encοunteгіng ԁifficulties with уour RSS.
I don't know why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody having similar RSS issues? Anyone who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

Also visit my web page ... BlackChipPoker Promotions

Anonymous said...

whoаh thiѕ blog is еxcellent i liκe гeаdіng your articlеѕ.
Stay up thе good work! You realize, a lοt of
individuals are huntіng aгound for this information, you can help them greatly.


mу wеb-sitе Learn Us ()

Anonymous said...

Greеtings! Veгy uѕеful аdvice in this ρartiсular
aгtіcle! It's the little changes that produce the most significant changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

my web blog 888 Poker Bonus ()