Sunday 12 August 2007

APAT No Limit Hold Em Championship Main Event

148 entrants for this deep stack $50 freezeout. Top 18 paid with winner receiving $2,220.

Very quiet first hour, found some spots to gamble early on without sucess, generally playing rather tight and passive. Didn't lose a pot at showdown, but also failed to find a suitable spot to trap one of the 3 retards on my second table. My one effort led to AK being split against A4 on a 66228 board. Ended the first hour slightly up, building my 5,000 to 6,200 for a spot in the top 1/3.

Shortly after the break my progress was checked. Having raised the previous hand from the button to steal the blinds, my identical raise from the cut-off with 22 was met with two calls from the blinds. A flop of 9c 6h Js was checked round to see a beautiful 2s on the turn. The BB bet 450 into the pot of 1350, I reraised to 1350 and he called. He checked the river Qs, and correctly putting him on the flush, I checked behind to lose no more. The lost pot took me down to 4,300. Following that beat, I go card dead (not that I was particularly flush with good cards before), so sit back with the blinds just about manageable and look to pick my spots, though my patience is running thin as I'm dealt rubbish over and over again. Halfway through the second hour, antes come in, my stack drops below 4,000 and my M is just under 8.

Time for some aggression, a fairly new button raises to 700 with blinds 100/200/25. I find Ks7s and push all-in for 3,500, taking the pot and boosting my stack by 30%. The very next hand I lose 600, making a loose call of a raise on the button with AcTc. The raiser was a rock, so some quality donking off of chips when I inevitably miss the flop and fold to his c-bet.

I donk out in style soon after, picking up Kx suited on my SB several times in row leads me to decide to limp this hand and see a cheap flop if possible, but to reraise all-in if raised. When I eventually do it, I run Kd 4d into QQ. A flop of Qh Td 6d gives me hope, but a blank turn and the case Queen on the river knock me out in style. I have the consolation of knowing I probably would've taken a chance on the flop anyway, but it still wasn't the best move. Never got into this tournament, especially after the 22, finishing a poor 89th.

No comments: