Monday 14 May 2012

Genting Las Vegas Challenge Week 8

Week 8 of the Genting Vegas Challenge has ended poorly for me. There are three tournaments per week, with the best finish counting. I banked a 4th on Thursday, and although this is better than the previous fortnight, both my main rivals took down a tournament. Most annoyingly the current league leader spiked his A8 four-handed v my QJ on a Q5432 board after check-raise bluffing the flop. Had his range heavily weighted towards bluffs so called turn and tank called river. Just annoying he got there - especially as he was only in the tournament as a result of AK spiking KK. That gave him the momentum to go on and win for a big points swing in his favour. So frustrating as for the last three weeks I can't buy a result.

Made the final table Sunday night also (which made it 3 out of 3 final tables - not amazing considering there were only 21-23 runners) but finished 7th after jamming 14BBs with KcJc into KK. If it's not beats it's coolers at the moment, and mainly the latter to be fair - seem to be finding dominating hands with monotonous regularity and failing to spike when I really need it.

The one thing in my favour is that this league is mirroring the PKR league two years ago, where I took down the first tournament, fell away a little in the mid stages, and came back to win at the last moment from a near impossible position. I hope history repeats itself otherwise it's off to the play-offs for me. My financial situation could do with the $7,500.

Current Standings: (I'm NotWearingPants - this is also my Genting screen name)


1 s0s0lidx 9125
2 NotWearingPants 7850
3 MensaGavin 7550
4 g1dski 6900
5 gottodobetter 6375
6 ripple22 5975
7 DouglasPenman 5050
8 TheAceFather 5025
9 ThaMonopoliza 4705
10 Yian3000k 4575
11 MrsCub11 4225


2000-1500-1250-1000-800-650-500-350-250-200-150 points available for the top 10 in each tournament.

Finally, OMFG @ Man City today. Crazy stuff. Didn't really want either side to win, and would've picked the red side of Manchester if I'd had to pick one, but at least watching the match and updating Perry via Facebook was exciting.

Health Challenge:

Really craving unhealthy food. Every advert was for Magnum Infinity, Domino's or some other delicious carby/sugary food. Trying to drink to take my mind off it, and simply hoping it's withdrawal symptoms from the preceding fortnight. I'm sure Monday's gym session will take my mind off things.

I'll be getting all the body measurements completed tomorrow and getting a 'before' photo up after the clamour from various perverts to see this. Having seen some other participants in the challenge use Bodyspace I have decided to create a profile there to track my stats and workouts, although this blog will still remain as my primary updating point.

My Bodyspace profile can be found here. Getting used to the site and it still requires some additional information, but please feel free to add/comment.

Nutrition:

Saturday - Seasoned chicken breast and cabbage twice, bolognese from beef/pork mix mince, onions, tomatoes, garlic, mushrooms and some green veg (this was fricking amazing, see pic) 2tsp of coconut oil in the morning. 5 pints of water.


Sunday - Leftovers from Saturday. Steak and eggs in the evening. 4 pints of water.


Films Watched: Tomorrow Never Dies (underrated Bond movie, although the main villain is rather weak I would love to see the new films return to a classic Aryan type henchman a la Stamper). Police Academy, Police Academy 2 (Faultless taste and the pinnacle of Steve Guttenberg's acting career I'm sure you'll agree. RIP Hightower).

No comments: