Tuesday 22 May 2012

Genting Las Vegas Challenge Week 9

It's getting ridiculous now. Monday saw me hit the chiplead for the umpteenth time in a row with 12 of the 28 players left, holding 32k to 2nd's 19k. Cue getting it in pre in a 22k pot against my main rival with KK vs his AK. For the second time in three tournaments he binks an Ace at a critical spot. I bust in 7th after button QQ into BB's KK, AK<44, 99<44 and finally shoving my SB with T2o for 14BBs into my rivals 88.

Yet again it all goes tits up during the latter stages, the league leader ended up finishing 3rd, and is all but assured of winning the league. I binked one guy on Sunday 3bet jamming KT on the button into his CO AQ - he complained I only ever get it in behind and I'm so lucky. If I was 'lucky' I'd have the whole fucking league sown up by now. So tilting.

Had a decision to make, continue on with the league (at $62 minimum per tournament) to try and win it which would require a 2000-odd point swing in my favour (realistically I'd need two top 3 finishes at the bare minimum and for s0s0lidx to slip up) or save $120+ and accept the three play-offs to shoot for one of the five remaining packages. I've decided upon the latter, and my fate will be decided Monday 29th May-Wednesday 31st May. As it is I've likely made the correct decision, as s0s0lidx has sown up the league with a 2nd place on Monday night. Even had I continued and won a tournament last week I would've be too far behind, so congratulations to him.

First tournament is a STT for 2nd-11th in the league, playing for two packages, with 2nd-40th going for two more the following day, and then anybody who's played 16 tournaments gunning for the last (currently 21 runners, maximum of 32 can meet this requirement).

APAT Cardiff to come this weekend, so I'm looking forward to a few days of poker and run good!

No comments: